VP of Translational Medicine in Oncology
Translational Science is integral part of Jacobio’ approach to developing new medicines for Immuno-Oncology. We are seeking an experienced translational biologist who is also a natural people leader and mentor to contribute towards target validation and biomarker development efforts at Jacobio Pharmaceutics. The successful translational biologist is expected to transform the biology, genomics and bioinformatics knowledge into predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers as well as identification of novel molecular targets in the immuno-oncology field.
- Lead and mentor a group of experienced scientists engaged in experimental genomics, bioinformatics and translational strategy work.
- Work effectively in, and foster, a cross-functional project team approach in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Help integrate basic science research, genomics and informatics to move programs into clinic as well as reverse engineer clinical findings to identify biomarkers and novel discovery opportunities.
- Represent the Translational Genomics/Informatics group at project teams and research leadership team.
- Work closely with discovery and research groups to plan and execute genetic analysis and biomarker identification for novel oncology targets.
- Create and champion biomarker strategies within the company, including mentoring team members to author sections of protocols, biomarker reports, and agency submissions.
- Provide leadership in the integrative analysis of gene expression, flow cytometry, protein, and drug response data for baseline and postdose biomarker discovery for preclinical and clinical programs.
- Assist and direct team members in analysis of clinical data with molecular correlates such as mutation, gene expression signatures and IHC markers.
- Manage work at external CROs including developing scope of work documents and evaluating quality of execution.
- Develop, manage, and be accountable for yearly budget for translational group.
Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience
- A PhD in genomics, systems biology, computational biology, or bioinformatics with more than 10 years of industry experience.
- Experience with mentoring and leading laboratory and informatics staff, in the context of cross functional team environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in building and leading high productivity teams is a must.
- Demonstrated background in immuno-oncology and drug development.
- Extensive working knowledge of translational research and genomic methodologies.
- Experience in clinical biomarker discovery is must. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in companion diagnostics.
- Experience in investigating immunology or cancer immunotherapy gene expression analysis is essential.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis for biomarkers (R, MATLAB, SAS, JMP).
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.